This product qualifies towards the free shipping offer.
Foundations of Parenting
Is obedience ever really easy? Some might argue that it’s impossible! But I disagree.
Parenting will always have its challenges, but with a foundation of understanding and love, and a willingness to meet your child’s basic needs, you can apply the techniques in Easy Obedience and experience the pleasure of rearing a child who is generally willing to obey.
This is really a book about the importance of self-discipline. Many parents think that making children obey is what parenting is all about. Instead, our job should be to encourage children to become self-disciplined.
To discipline really means to teach. I’ve been a teacher of young children, as well as university students for many years, and the same techniques that are successful in the classroom can revolutionize your home. So I offer you a method of discipline based on a foundation of educational theory and practice, coupled with the practical experience of rearing three grown children with my husband, Jan. It is a method that has stood the test of time.
- Lessons I've Learned From Children
- Goals for Easy obedience
- Parenting Styles for Easy Obedience
- Attention and the Love Cup Principle
- Power and the String Strategy
- Revenge and Iceberg Psychology
- Preparation for Confrontation
- Teaching Easy Obedience
- Setting Obeyable Limits
- The Power of Being Positive
- Let Children Live With the Consequences
- Time-out for Behavior Modification
- Shock Therapy
- Problem Solving Through Negotiation
- Freedom for Responsibility
- Playing Problems Away
- Teaching Values Early
- Age-Related Problems of Young Children
- The Challenging Years With Older Children
- Parenting Prodigal Children
- When You Don't Have an Answer-Give It to God