The Journey Begins (In Step With Jesus: New Members' Bible Study Guide #1)
This product does not qualify toward the free shipping offer. Shipping charges may apply.
- Buy 24 for $4.99 each and save 17%
- Buy 60 for $3.99 each and save 33%
The New Members’ Bible Study Guide has been prepared to assist in the task of making disciples. It is a valuable resource for assisting new members in understanding how to follow God’s Word. All the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church are covered several times during the year, reinforcing basic Adventist beliefs and doctrines. The Journey Begins is the first guide. The series can be started with a New Members Class any quarter of the year - it is not limited to the calendar year.
A central command of the gospel commission is “make disciples.” This New Members’ Bible Study Guide is being prepared to assist in this task. Because the New Members’ Bible Study Guide has special objectives, it also contains some new features that are not found in the regular Adult Bible Study Guides.
• Personal Stories
• A Closer Look – a sidebar that will focus on a specific word or aspect of the lesson, offering additional information or comments.
• Adventese – a sidebar created to help new members become acquainted with Adventist culture and terminology.
• Checking Up – This section comes on Friday, after a week of study on a certain topic, and uses quizzes or activities to help the student personally relate to the lesson topic.
• Consider This – This section appears on Friday and will typically present some non biblical information on the topic from history, science, etc.
The Journey Begins is the first guide. It covers the Holy Spirit, Trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Creation, Nature of man, Great Controversy, Life, death and resurrection of Christ, Experience of salvation, Growing in Christ, Church, the Remnant and its mission, Unity in the body of Christ, Baptism, Lord's Supper, Spiritual gifts and ministries, Gift of prophecy, Law of God, Stewardship, Christian behavior, Marriage and the family, Christ's ministry in the heavenly sanctuary, Second coming of Christ, Death and resurrection, Millennium and the end of sin.